ENROLLMENT AND WAITLIST PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in Dallas Day School: we are dedicated to providing a safe and caring early educational environment to children of all abilities. We encourage you to call us and schedule a tour of our facility so you can meet our staff, observe our operations, become familiar with our programs and activities and fall in love with our children. Dallas Services and Dallas Day School will try to make the enrollment of your child and his/her subsequent transition into the school as smooth as possible.
Tours are held routinely on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. by appointment. For more information, or to schedule a tour, please call 214-828-9900.
Note: Parents of children with special needs must meet with the school director prior to completing the enrollment process to make sure that DDS can meet your child’s needs.
Dallas Day School Enrollment Protocol
Schedule an appointment with the school director.
- Complete the enrollment packet, and submit the following related fees:
- Registration Fee
- First week’s tuition
- Key Fob Deposit
- Obtain, sign a receipt for, and read the Parent Handbook.
- Obtain and review the list of supplies needed for your child’s age group.
- Visit the school on the Friday prior to your child’s start date to:
- Collect Key Fobs
- Meet your child’s teachers
- Submit your child’s current shot record, along with a letter from your child’s pediatrician stating that he or she is “able to participate in group care/daycare”.
- Attend DDS on the agreed upon date for the first day of your child’s educational journey!
*Please note: Parents of children with special needs must meet with the school director prior to completing the enrollment process to make sure that DDS is the most appropriate place for your child.
Dallas Day School Waitlist Protocol
- Complete the enrollment packet
- Indicate the anticipated date that childcare will be needed (i.e. the date you need to return to work.)
- Email the school director periodically to show your continued interest in the program
Note: If you cannot complete the application because your child has yet to be born, complete the Parent Information page and other pages that do not require the information of your child.
*The school director will update you on openings on a quarterly basis, and will notify you as soon as space for your child is available.